Wednesday 25 February 2015

Two Missed Calls (Episode 22)

Transcribed voice mail on Sumac's private, prepaid cell phone. Sunday, September 21, 3:45 p.m. MST.

Hey. Sorry I didn't get online like I thought I would yesterday. Hell of a week, and I just couldn't trust the WiFi at the hotel.

First time in years I've been in South Korea. God, I miss a good Kimchi. Nothing detoxes your system quite like fermented cabbage soup.

Anyhow, I just got back, and I took your advice while I was away. I haven't looked once at the video since I left for the airport four days ago. In fact, I left it on a thumb drive hidden in a waterproof bag in my toilet tank, deleted it from my home computer, and left my home computer in the wall safe in my apartment. Unfortunately, that didn't stop me from dreaming about that stupid video all night, every night. Did you know you can zoom-in, in your dreams?

So anyways, when I got back home, the first thing I did was load up the video and take another look.

And dude, I swear to you, I think I've got it. All that unconscious zooming in and out did the trick.

I think I've finally found the problem I was staring at for.

It was on the couch, right under the

<end of message>




-----



Transcribed voice mail on Sumac's private, prepaid cell phone. Sunday, September 21, 3:47 p.m. MST.


Sorry! Sorry. Sorry. I have no idea where that last message cut off some I'm gonna say this really fast. The important thing to know is this: I'm on my way up to Varco Lake right now.

In order for me to prove what I'm looking at, I'm gonna need heavy duty processing software and an expert who knows how to use it. 

I have a hypothesis, and now I need a hardcore nerd to prove or disprove it.

Problem is, to get that kind of equipment and personnel, I'm going to have to ask for some budget, and I'm going to have to do it above board. That means going back to the same Wyrd Council that threw Ishmael's ass into quarantine. 

So that's why I'm going to start with talking to Dr. Burton. If Anders trusts him, I'll trust him.

And that means they're going to wonder how in the hell I got my hands on this video, and why I've been digging into its authenticity.

Hope you have news about those accounts. Send me a message, if you can.

And wish me luck. If you don't hear from me by Tuesday morning, assume the worst.

I feel like I'm walking right into the lion's

<end of message>






No comments:

Post a Comment

Our specially trained sniffer dogs will scan your comment to ensure that it was submitted by a humanoid and not by a robot, ghoul, troll, or wendigo. Please standby.