Friday 30 January 2015

Strange, I didn't get an invite to this, either. (Episode 11)

From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:25 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


Oh – hang on…

Oh holy crap.

I think something is about to go down.


-----


From: Pine
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:25 p.m.
To: Sumac2
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


What? Where? Are you okay?

Oh God...

They haven’t been looking at our emails, have they?


-----


From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:26 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


I don’t know. My boss took a call, and then he jumped up from his desk and grabbed his coat and went into a conference room. Then another boss got up and did the same thing. They’re in there now. The rest of us just stopped working.

This is creepy. Nobody is moving. And we can’t hear a thing coming out of that conference room.


-----


From: Pine
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:27 p.m.
To: Sumac2
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


I just got a text from LARCH! She just asked me if I knew anything about the surveillance goof-up at LaGuardia.

It must have something to do with Ishmael.


-----


From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:38 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


The bosses just left and they didn’t say a word to us. I think they’re headed to Varco Lake.

Things must really be going down if they can’t do this by phone.



-----


From: Pine
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:39 p.m.
To: Sumac2
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


Oh – this just in. Larch is up at Varco Lake. She and all the other human agents were just told to to Varco Valley Station until they’re called back.

What. The. Actual. Hell.


-----


From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:40 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


One of the guys from tech said it might have something to do with a photo or something.



-----


From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:42 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


Scratch that!!!

I just got a text from my boss, telling me to stand by. Something about an unscheduled audit.

Wouldn’t it figure????? More than two hundred years of keeping werewolves a secret, and it’s not the army, police or conspiracy theorists who bring us down. 

It’s Canada Revenue!!!!!


-----


From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:42 p.m.
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


Scratch that, again.

Turns out *I’m* auditing all of Ishmael’s onshore and offshore financial records.

Somebody’s been a bad, bad boy.


-----


From: Pine
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2014 4:39 p.m.
To: Sumac2
Subject: re: Sorry I’ve been quiet


Sounds just like something Wyrd would do.

Slaughter a couple of hundred men, women, and children in cold blood, then mutilate their bodies, and get off scot-free.


But embezzlement? That’s a capital crime.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Our specially trained sniffer dogs will scan your comment to ensure that it was submitted by a humanoid and not by a robot, ghoul, troll, or wendigo. Please standby.