Friday 16 January 2015

Wyrd is going after your Golden Boy (Episode 7)

Sent: Mon 2014-09-08 @ 8:45 PM
From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: Who knew accounting could be so exciting?

So, I just got this purchase order. Wyrd is sending eight agents, werewolves every one of them, to LaGuardia on the next plane out, with orders to rent a truck, then fly out on another chartered flight on a cargo plane leaving from some obscure little community airport in Pensyllvania.

First thing that cought my eye was that they were sending such a big party of werewolves to meet someone at the airport.

Ishmael lands there around this time tomorrow night. Guess he's done his job and now he’s bringing back the Great White Shark of all werewolves or something. Good thing he’s got backup so ready to move.

-Su-

Sent: Mon 2014-09-08 @ 8:52 PM
From: Pine
To: Sumac2
Subject: Re: Who knew accounting could be so exciting?

Maybe you were right about him investigating another outbreak. God, can you imagine if there was an outbreak that happened in Romania or something? I mean, how Bram Stoker can we get? Oh wait. He was vampires. Ugh, whatever. Same diff.

Well, good on him, getting him this far, I guess – and single-handed, eh?

Weird though. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have him go straight to Pennsylvania? Or straight to Winnipeg or something on a connecting flight?

For that matter, it doesn’t seem likely that Ishmael’s bringing his prisoner through such a populated airport in the first place. God, could you imagine what kind of a containment situation we would have if his prey fricking busted loose in the biggest airport in like the whole world?

K, now I'm confused.

Sent: Mon 2014-09-08 @ 8:55 PM
From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: Re: Who knew accounting could be so exciting?

You’re right. The more I think about it, the weirder it gets. Why wouldn’t they just fly to some other airport?? Why not fly straight to Halifax instead??

The other thing that’s bugging me? That whole Angie Burley signature. The one where she says she’s the interim chief field ops commander.

All of a sudden I want to ask Ishmael if *he* knows she’s acting ops-co.

-Su-

Sent: Mon 2014-09-08 @ 8:59 PM
From: Pine
To: Sumac2
Subject: Re: Who knew accounting could be so exciting?

I could probably get a message to him. I know one of his back up email addresses. He gave it to me in case Jay ever tried to go after me like he did with Alder.

You want me to send him a message?

Sent: Mon 2014-09-08 @ 9:04 PM
From: Sumac’s Other Email Addy
To: Pine’s backup addy
Subject: Re: Who knew accounting could be so exciting?

No, not yet. Could be that they’ve been planning to run a kill/capture ops in New York City, and they’re just going to LaGuardia to meet up with Ishmael beforehand.

Ishmael’s the best tracker they’ve got because he’s good at keeping things fast and quiet. He's got to be running point or something.

Sprucey used to tell me that he could pull a lycanthrope off a crowded street and people would just keep on walking. There wouldn’t even be a trace of the abduction on surveillance tapes, either.

Still, why would they meet him at the airport? Why not hang back and wait for him to move in? If he's surrounded by an entourage, he's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Besides, he's feline-type. He doesn't hunt in packs. He works better alone.

But why the airport???

Your paranoia is catching.

Listen, do me a favour? See if you can find out any information about an outbreak in eastern Europe. I want to know how much this is going to affect the 2015 budget. I figure, the more I know now, the more I can make recommendations, and the easier it is to balance the books later, right?

I seem to remember something about an outbreak overseas about…what, ten years ago? Wasn’t long after I joined, but I was too new to get any of the good gossip. Ah, the joys of being a junior bean counter.

All I remember is that hundreds of people died in that one. They said it was a blood bath. And now Ishmael’s back there again? Something doesn’t add up.

Damn, I hope it’s not another outbreak.

-Su-











No comments:

Post a Comment

Our specially trained sniffer dogs will scan your comment to ensure that it was submitted by a humanoid and not by a robot, ghoul, troll, or wendigo. Please standby.