Wednesday 14 January 2015

One Missed Call (Episode 6)

Sent: Sunday 2014-09-07 @ 6:30 PM
From: Sumac's Other Email Addy
To: Pine, Pine's backup addy
Subject: r u dead????

r u not getting my messages??? y u no answer my emails??? are you okay??? were the hell r u?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sent: Sunday 2014-09-07 @ 6:37 PM
From: Pine
To: Sumac2
Subject: Re: r u dead????

Crap! Sorry man, they were going straight into my spam folder. I just read your message now.

Ugh. Need sleep. Too much drama this week.

I don’t know why they would keep the quarantine secret from everybody. You’d think this is something people want to know about. It’s Wyrd doing the job it always did – protecting lycanthropes and humans both. Population control. Relocation. Compassion. Damage control.

The only thing I can think of is that they’re trying to keep us human agents from freaking out about being dumped into quarantine ourselves.

After a couple of good nights’ sleep, I think I settled down a little. I started thinking, “What’s so bad about quarantine after all?” I mean, isn’t that basically what Varco Lake is? It’s where lycanthropes go to hang out for a few months if they get into trouble.

And what else does Varco Lake have? A nearly unlimited supply of Grade A Canadian beef. A microbrewery. A garage, a fishing lake, a plane…practically unlimited space for hunting whether in human form or not. It’s like a fricking resort town for lycanthropes, where they can sit around on their asses until the next change comes on them, and then they can sit around on their asses in werewolf form, too.

God, I don’t know why I was so paranoid. Too many late nights on surveillance, I guess. Job’s starting to get to me. Do you think we get a bit more resilient to sleep-deprivation, once we’re promoted?

By the way, did you get those other two emails I sent to your other address? I haven’t heard back from you yet, and I thought you’d at least get a kick out of the Ferox one.

~Pine~
~Never Give Up...Never Surrender.~
Sent: Sunday 2014-09-07 @ 7:30 PM
From: Sumac's Other Email Addy
To: Pine's backup addy
Subject: Re: Re: r u dead????

first, stop sending emails to that address!!! its on the wyrd server and like i said, there keeping the qurantine secret, so they must have a reason for it, and there going to enforce that secrecy. i dont want to find out how theyve kept it quiet for so long already.

second, i wouldnt get my hopes up about that qurantine. in that story you sent about cypress bridget says the little girl was small for her age because of malnutrition and extreme living conditions. that doesn’t sound like a vacation resort with unlimited beef.

and if they are picking up throw-away humans like you say, you really think there going to cough up $millions to feed them unlimited steak and eggs???

something serious is happening, and somebody is covering it up. if it wasnt so serious, bridget wouldn’t have tried to shoot to kill when cypress tried to come back to camp.

best thing we can do to cover our own asses is to leave this thing the hell alone.

one thing I will say though. i thought ishmael was cheif feild ops too.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sent: Sunday 2014-09-07 @ 7:43 PM
From: Sumac's Other Email Addy
To: Pine's backup addy
Subject: Re: Re: r u dead????

nvm. I know why he doesn’t show as chief field ops. he’s away in moldova and other places in east europe. trasnporttation expense apprvd for 4 month special ops or something. looks like another outbreak there, too. world is going to hell in a handbasket. wish these weres would keep it in there pants.

btw, is that you calling my home phone all the time??? comes up as unknown caller.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Sent: Sunday 2014-09-07 @ 7:46 PM
From: Pine
To: Sumac2
Subject: Re: Re: r u dead????

No, it’s not me. I don’t know what you look like, what your name is, or which country you live in. How the hell would I know your number?

But I wouldn’t answer the phone if I were you. I know that’s one of the ways some of the field agents confirm that you’re home before they break into your house and take you away.

Welp…now I’m paranoid again. Thanks Sumac.

~Pine~
~Never Give Up...Never Surrender.~










No comments:

Post a Comment

Our specially trained sniffer dogs will scan your comment to ensure that it was submitted by a humanoid and not by a robot, ghoul, troll, or wendigo. Please standby.